Thank you for your interest!
The Graduate Assistantship (GA) Program is a competitive program and assistantships are limited. Assistantships can be awarded within any of the following School of Education & Health Sciences departments:
- Counselor Education & Human Services
- Dean’s Office
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Educational Leadership
- Heath & Sports Science
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
For more information about assistantships in the School of Education & Health Sciences and to submit your resume for consideration, please contact Julie Slife, Coordinator of the Graduate Assistantship Program 937-229-3348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of assistantships available
Graduate Assistants are employed to work between ten (10) and twenty (20) hours per week on the University of Dayton’s campus located at 300 College Park in Dayton, Ohio. Most positions are for research assistants, although a very limited number of teaching assistants is needed.
Applicants must be accepted to one of the School of Education & Health Sciences graduate/doctoral degree programs and must be enrolled full time upon accepting an assistantship.
Tuition remission and paid stipends
Standard GA contracts are valid beginning August 16 through May 15. Graduate assistants are employed between 10 and 20 hours per week. Tuition remission and a paid stipend are awarded for the nine-month academic year.
When to apply
You may apply each year for an assistantship between January 1 and March 15. To apply, please see tab “How to Apply” or contact Julie Slife, Coordinator of the Graduate Assistantship Program at 937-229-3348 or email@example.com.
Apply for a Graduate Assistantship!
Please complete the following to apply for an assistantship:
- Submit a current resume including relevant experience, previous or current leadership roles, research experience and technology proficiencies.
- Submit a 1-2 page statement about why you want to be a graduate assistant in the School of Education and Health Sciences. Be certain to identify areas of strength that would complement or enhance your involvement in the School of Education and Health Sciences.
- Submit documents electronically to Julie Slife at firstname.lastname@example.org.