- Faculty & Staff
- Opportunities & Assistantships
- Galleries & Resources
- Alumni Testimonials
About Human Services (M.S.E.)
Welcome to the Human Services program!
"Building Learning Communities Through Critical Reflection"
Gain insight and add depth to your understanding of human services.
This 30-hour master's
Note: This degree does not lead to obtaining Ohio's Professional Counseling license or Professional Clinical Counseling license. Students who intend to obtain either of these credentials must enroll in the 60-hour clinical mental health counseling master's degree program.
- Low student to faculty ratio
- Active student organization
- Opportunity for study abroad experience
What will you be learning?
Faculty members conduct regular curriculum reviews to make class content current, relevant, and comprehensive.
- EDC 531 Personality & Human Development Across the Lifespan
- EDC 568 Research & Evaluation in Human Services
- EDC 575 Counseling Diverse Populations
- EDC 525 Human Services Administration
- EDC 529 Career Counseling
- EDC 543 Theories & Techniques of Counseling
- EDC 545 Counseling Techniques Lab
- EDC 583 Theories & Techniques of Group Counseling
- EDC 635 Couples & Family Counseling
- EDC 605 Professional Seminars with Clinical Implications
Visit the Resources tab to access the following:
- Course matrices
- Course schedules
- Program and department handouts
Meet Our Faculty & Staff!
Department of Counselor Education & Human Services
School of Education & Allied Professions
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-0530
You can also reach us at our
Get outside the classroom!
The Human Services Program offers students more than just classroom learning. Students in the department have access to a wide variety of opportunities and activities to develop the skills they're learning in their courses, fieldwork and research.
A variety of assistantship opportunities are available for students who are enrolled in the program. Recipients receive an annual stipend and tuition credits. More than 50% of full time school psychology students received assistantship funding for the 2012-13 school year. These included a variety of positions in the department, university, and community, including the following placements:
- Community Wellness Services
- Learning Teaching Center
- Residential Coordinator
- Teacher Education Department
- Catholic Leadership Institute
- SOEAP Center for Catholic Education
- Montgomery County Learning Centers
- Urban Teacher Academy
- Ready Set Soar at the Miami Valley Regional Center
- Departmental Administrative/Research Assistant positions
Regional and National Organizations
We have what you need to succeed!
Take a closer look at what it means to join the Human Services Program!
Course Matrix & Prerequisites
Course offerings planned for the next two years:
- Capital Campus Course Matrix 2012-2014 (pdf) >>
- Dayton Campus Course Matrix 2012-2014 (pdf) >>
- Dublin Campus Course Matrix 2012-2014 (pdf) >>
- Course Prerequisites List 2012 (pdf) >>
Hear what former graduates have to say!
This page is under construction. Please check back.
Apply to Human Services!
The application process is online, easy, and free!
Download the documents below to view
- Spring deadline: September 10
- Summer deadline: January 10
- Fall deadline: April 10