Vision & Mission
The University of Dayton’s Bombeck Family Learning Center is a learning community which provides leadership in the early childhood education field through implementation and demonstration of research based, developmentally appropriate practice for young children and professional development for early childhood professionals in a collegial, collaborative and quality environment.
The Bombeck Family Learning Center’s mission is to provide a high quality early childhood care and education program for young children, and a best practice demonstration setting for early childhood professionals.
- Goal 1 – Promote the optimum social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children at the center.
- Goal 2 – Promote the professional development of the University of Dayton’s School of Education & Allied Profession’s early childhood education candidates.
- Goal 3 – Provide professional development opportunities for the Bombeck Family Learning Center staff and the greater early childhood education community.
- Goal 4 – Advocate for children, their families, and the profession in community and society.
- Goal 5 – Model the Catholic Marianist tradition of faith formation, service, adaptation and change by providing, in the family spirit, a quality education for children, teacher candidates, and staff.