Welcome to the School of Education & Allied Professions.
Our school prepares students for professional roles that empower you to enact the Marianist principles of justice, peace, adaptation, and change. We prepare education professionals for roles as teachers, administrators, counselors, school psychologists, and human service practitioners. We prepare health and sport science professionals for roles as dietitians, exercise physiologists, nutritionists, physical therapists, and sports managers. Students in our
Our academic programs are rooted in partnerships and collaborations with community schools and agencies based in the following centers and institutes:
- Bombeck Family Learning Center, a demonstration school and state and regional leader in early childhood learning, is a field practice site for
early childhood educationstudents.
- The Center for Catholic Education provides schools with programs and services that enhance the Church’s mission to evangelize, educate, end empower the people of God.
- Dayton Early College Academy is an award-winning charter school representing the partnership of Dayton Public Schools, Sinclair Community College, and the University of Dayton.
- Lalanne is a post-graduate teacher service program that provides a faith community for beginning educators who serve in under-resourced Catholic schools.
- Urban Teacher Academy provides specialized preparation for teacher candidates who want to make a difference by producing high student achievement in urban settings.
I invite you to explore our programs, values, and collaborations by reviewing our website, and hope you join us as a student or partner in your journey of professional and spiritual development.
Learn about our mission and our goals!
The School of Education & Allied Professions strategic plan will serve as a general framework, or guide, for decision-making purposes. The strategic
Having a strategic plan provides the School of Education & Allied Professions with a forward thinking and aspirational
Meet the faculty and staff of the Office of the Dean.
Keep up-to-date on what's happening!
The September 28, 2012, edition of the Dayton Business Journal provided a list of the top 25 childcare centers in the Dayton area--and UD's Bombeck Family Learning Center topped it! Click here to view the top 7 child care centers >>
Dr. Charles J. Russo named Interim Director of Ph.D. Program
Congratulations to Dr. Charles J. Russo on his appointment as Interim Director of the Doctor of Educational Leadership program. Dr. Russo is currently the Joseph Panzer Chair in Education, Professor in the Department of Educational Leadership, and Adjunct Professor in the School of Law. Dr. Russo brings a rich and deep record of scholarly accomplishment and K-12 teaching experience to this position. Dr. Russo earned B.A., J.D., and Ed.D. degrees from St. John's University in New York City. He also earned an M.Div. from the Seminary of the Immaculate Conception in Huntington, New York. Dr. Russo began his professional career as a high school teacher; he taught for eight years prior to and after graduating from law school. Prior to coming to the University of Dayton, he held faculty positions in Educational Administration at Fordham University and the University of Kentucky. Dr. Russo is an internationally renowned expert in the field of education law. He has authored or co-authored more than 230 articles in peer-reviewed journals; he also has authored, co-authored, edited, or co-edited 47 books. In his role as Interim Program Director, Dr. Russo will be responsible for (a) overseeing daily program operations, (b) supervising personnel, (c) serving as program liaison to the school and university, and (d) overseeing student recruiting and
- Strategic Plan Released (pdf) >>
- Dr. Jayne Brahler Named Associate Dean (pdf) >>
- Dr. Barbara De Luca Named Associate Dean (pdf) >>
- School Renaming Memo (pdf) >>
Find out what's coming up!
HERE COMES THE PRAXIS!
Praxis I and II tests are coming up! The upcoming dates for both Praxis I and Praxis II tests are as follows:
- November 3, 2012
- January 26, 2013
- April 13, 2013
- June 8, 2013
- July 20, 2013
Departmental and Other Events
- Center for Catholic Education Events >>
- Counselor Education & Human Services Seminars >>
- Educational Leadership Events >>
- Health & Human Services Events >>
- Teacher Education Events >>
- Doctor of Educational Leadership Events >>
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Events >>
- Lalanne Events >>
- Upcoming Professional Development Workshops >>
- Wellness Program Brown Bag Lunches >>
- Wellness Program Activity Classes >>
- Wellness Program Special Events >>