- Location: Roesch Library 105E
- Phone: 937-229-4245
- Email: Contact
Joan's duties include providing reference and research help; teaching library research skills in instruction sessions for undergraduate and graduate students; and selecting materials for the library's collection in business and economics.
- M.L.S., Indiana University (1988)
- M.A., Case Western Reserve University (1977)
- B.A., The Ohio State University (1974)
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Reference and User Services Association: Business Reference and Services Section, Business Reference Sources Committee
- Information literacy and undergraduate business students
- Using LibGuides to promote information literacy
- Leisure reading in academic libraries
Giglierano, Joan. Review of Fairchild Dictionary of Retailing in “Outstanding Business Reference Sources 2010.” Reference and Users Services Quarterly 50.2 (Winter 2011). Print.
Giglierano, Joan. “Attitudes of OhioLINK Librarians Toward Google Scholar™.” Journal of Library Administration 17.2 (2007): 101-113. Simultaneously published in Googlization of Libraries ed. by William Miller and Rita M. Pellen (Binghamton, NY: The Haworth Press, 2009). Print.
Gauder, Heidi, Joan Giglierano, and Christine H. Schramm, “Porch Reads: Encouraging Recreational Reading Among College Students.” College & Undergraduate Libraries 14.2 (2007):1-24. Print.