School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 361G
- Phone: 937-229-2994
- Email: Contact
- Petrykowski, John C., and Yinghui Shi. Forthcoming. Application of a nucleate pool boiling model for the assessment of fuel coolant interaction events.
- Petrykowski, John C., and Yinghui Shi. Forthcoming. Parametric modeling of electromagnetically induced vibration processes occurring within induction systems. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, International.
- Shi, Yinghui, and John C. Petrykowski. Forthcoming. Quasi steady vibratory motion within an inductively-heated cylindrically-shaped liquid volume. Journal of Iron and Steel Research, International.
- Petrykowski, John C. 2012. Fuel coolant interaction potential in sodium cooled fast reactor safety experiments. Proceedings of the 20th ASME International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 20), July.
- Shi, Yinghui, and John C. Petrykowski. 2011. Normal-mode and lumped mass assessment of acoustic degassing of liquid metals in an inductively heated cylindrical furnace. 12th Symposium on Advances in Materials Processing Science and Manufacturing, ASME Conf. Proc. IMECE2011, Volume 6: Fluids and Thermal Systems; Advances for Process Industries, Parts A and B: 143-148, November.
- Petrykowski, John C. 2011. Analysis of electromagnetically induced degassing in an induction furnace. Proceedings of the 8th PAMIR International Conference on Fundamental and Applied Magnetohydrodynamics 2: 885-890, September.
- Petrykowski, John C. 2007. Analysis of axial motion of UO2 vapor bubbles in sodium cooled fast reactor safety experiments. Transactions of the American Nuclear Society 97: 121-122, November.
- Kuprowicz, Nicholas J., John C. Petrykowski, and Paul W. Eloe. 1996. Growth and propagation of acoustic waves of nonuniform sound speed within a plane-walled enclosure. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Noise Control and Acoustics Division, NCA 22, no. 1: 207-215.
- Petrykowski, John. C., and Houssam Chebaro. 1990. Process modeling studies of melt degassing. Casting Porosity in Metals 3, EMTEC/CT-03/TR-90-03, Edison Materials Technology Center.
- Petrykowski, J.C., A.L. Longest, J.M. Rochelle, and A.L. Wright. 1985. Aerosol release experiments in the fuel aerosol simulant test facility: Undersodium experiments. NUREG/CR-4346; ORNL/TM-9479, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, September.
- Petrykowski, J.C., and A.W. Longest. 1985. LMFBR source term experiments in the fuel aerosol simulant test (FAST) facility. Proceedings of American Nuclear Society/European Nuclear Society Fast Reactor Safety Meeting: 865-876, April, in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Adams, R.E., M.L. Tobias, and J.C. Petrykowski. 1984. Aerosol behavior in a steam-air environment. Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) Specialist Meeting on Aerosols in Reactor Safety, September 4, in Karlsruhe, F.R. Germany.
- Petrykowski, John C., and John S. Walker. 1984. Liquid-metal flow in a rectangular duct with a strong non-uniform magnetic field. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 139 (February): 309-324.
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Convective Heat and Mass Transfer
- Compressible Flow
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1981
- M.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1978
- B.S., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1975
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Nuclear Society
- Prepared and conducted short course on casting porosity for the Edison Materials Technology Center
- Consulting work on fluid thermal aspects of laser processing for Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Consulting work on processing of hazardous materials
- Modeling of materials processing applications including induction heating, melting and crystal growth
- Safety analyses for nuclear power systems
- Modeling of the electromechanics of electrically conductive fluid flow