Assistant Professor; Joint Appointment with Bioengineering Graduate Program
School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 363F
- Phone: 937-229-2918
- Email: Contact
- Jackson, K., K. Edginton-Bigelow, C. Bowshire, M. Weston, and E. Grant. Forthcoming. Feasibility and effects of a group kickboxing program for individuals with multiple sclerosis: A pilot report. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies.
- Edginton Bigelow, K., and N. Berme. 2011. Development of a protocol for improving the clinical utility of posturography as a fall-risk screening tool. Journal of Gerontology A: Biological and Medical Sciences 66A, no.2: 228-233.
- Edginton Bigelow, K. 2010. Utilizing on-line forums within course management systems to create beneficial relationships between first-year students and practicing engineers. Journal of Applications and Practices in Engineering Education 1, no. 2: 70-78.
- Edginton Bigelow, K. 2010. Reflections of college students promoting engineering through biomechanical outreach activities indicate dual benefits. Proceedings of the 117th Annual American Society of Engineering Education Conference and Exposition.
- Edginton Bigelow, K., G. Wheatley, and D. Tomasko. 2010. Gains in knowledge and perception of engineering after participation in an engineering design web-experience are gender-dependent. Proceedings of the 117th Annual American Society of Engineering Education Conference and Exposition.
- Edginton Bigelow, K. 2009. Detrended fluctuation analysis of center of pressure data reveal underlying complexity of postural control. ASME Early Career Technical Journal: Proceedings of the 2009 Early Career Technical Conference 8: 11.1-11.7.
- Edginton (Bigelow), K.A., and N. Berme. 2008. Usage of fractal analysis in evaluating health and disease. In Technology and Aging: Selected Papers from the 2007 International Conference on Technology and Aging, ed. A. Mihailidis, J. Boger, H. Kautz, and L. Normie, 97-104. Amsterdam: IOS Press.
- Bigelow, C., K.A. (Bigelow) Edginton, M. Talaty, and N. Berme. 2007. Better fits for lower-limb prosthetics. Proceedings at the Growing Older with a Disability, June 16-19, in Toronto, Canada.
- Edginton (Bigelow), K.A., H.C. Guler, J.J. Ober, and N. Berme. 2007. Instrumented treadmills: Reducing need for gait labs. Proceedings at the 30th Canadian Medical and Biological Engineering Conference, June 16-19, in Toronto, Canada.
- Director, Engineering Wellness & Safety Laboratory
- Top Engineering Female Professor, University of Dayton Society of Women Engineers, 2011
- American Society of Engineering Education Women in Engineering Division Apprentice Educator Award, 2010
- U.S. Bone and Joint Decade's Young Investigators Initiative Selection, 2010
- Best Presentation Award — Biomechanics/Human Factors, American Society of Mechanical Engineers Dayton Engineering Sciences Symposium, 2009
- EGR 103 Engineering Innovation
- MEE 341 Engineering Experimentation
- MEE 430/530, BIE 521 BiomechanicalEngineering
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 2008
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 2005
- B.S., Engineering Mechanics, Michigan State University, 2003
- International Society of Posture and Gait Research
- Co-chair of the Committee for the International Standardization of Posturography
- American Society of Biomechanics
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society of Engineering Education
- National Falls Free Coalition
- Sigma Xi
- Biomechanical analysis of human posture and gait
- Nonlinear biodynamics
- Evaluation of therapeutic intervention for patients with neurological and musculoskeletal diseases
- Kinematic sensors for real-world motion capture
- Fall prevention in older adults
- Assistive device design