Associate Director; Professor
School of Engineering: Electro-Optics Graduate Engineering Program
- Schmidt, Daniel, Tino Hofmann, Mathias Schubert, Benjamin Booso, and Andrew Sarangan. Forthcoming. Monoclinic optical constants, birefringence, and dichroism of slanted titanium nanocolumns determined by generalized ellipsometry. Applied Physics Letters.
- Wu, Zhi, Peter E. Powers, Andrew M. Sarangan, and Qiwen Zhan. 2008. Optical characterization of wiregrid micropolarizers designed for infrared imaging polarimetry. Optics Letters 33, no.15: 1653-1655.
- Familia, Aziz Mahfoud and Andrew Sarangan. 2008. Threshold gain analysis of second order distributed feedback lasers based on [2-methoxy-5-(2′-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylenevinylene]. Optics Communications 281, no. 2: 310-318.
- Familia, Aziz Mahfoud, Andrew Sarangan, Thomas R. Nelson, and Elmo A. Blubaugh. 2007. Gas to crystal effect on the spectral line narrowing of MEH-PPV. OSA Optics Express 15: 8231-8236.
- Kim, Jang Pyo and Andrew M. Sarangan. 2006. Temperature-dependent Sellmeier equation for the refractive index of AlxGa1-xAs. OSA Optics Letters 32, no. 5: 536-538.
- Kim, Jang Pyo and Andrew M. Sarangan. 2006. Design and simulation of resonant cavity enhanced (RCE) corrugated quantum well infrared photodetectors (C-QWIPs). OSA Applied Optics 45, no. 24: 6065-6070.
- Familia, Aziz Mahfoud, Andrew Sarangan, Thomas R. Nelson, and Elmo A. Blubaugh. 2006. Role of aggregation in the photoluminescent and amplified spontaneous emission of [2- metroxy-5-(2'-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylenevinylene] in solution and films. Journal of Luminescence 118: 123-130.
- Blickenstaff, Sarah, Andrew Sarangan, Thomas Nelson, Kevin Leedy, and Donald Agresta. 2005. Influence of shadow mask design and deposition methods on non-planar dielectric material deposition. SPIE Journal of Microlithography, Microfabrication and Microsystems 4, no. 2: 023015-1-023015-6.
- Familia, Aziz Mahfoud, Andrew Sarangan, and Thomas R. Nelson. 2005. Optically pumped photonic crystal polymer lasers based on [2-methoxy-5-(2'-ethylhexyloxy)- 1,4-phenylenevinylene]. OSA Optics Express 13, no.8: 3136-3143.
- Kim, Jang Pyo and Andrew M. Sarangan. 2004. Simulation of resonant cavity enhanced (RCE) photodetectors using the finite difference time domain (FDTD) method. OSA Optics Express 12, no.20: 4829-4834.
- Sarangan, Andrew M. and Greg M. Peake. 2004. Enhancement of lateral mode discrimination in broad-area VCSELs using curved Bragg mirrors. IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology 2, no. 2: 543-549.
- Integrated Optics
- Quantum Electronics
- Electro-Optic Devices and Systems
- Electro-Optics Laboratory II
- Electronic Devices
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1997
- M.A.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1994
- B.A.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1991
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Member of OSA and SPIE
- Indiana Space Port Advisory Board
- Micro and nano-fabrication
- Infrared imaging
- Optical thin films and nanomaterials
- Semiconductor lasers
- Computational electromagnetics