Joint Appointment with University of Dayton Research Institute
School of Engineering: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 562
- Phone: 937-229-3523
- Email: Contact
- Guliants, E.A., K.A.S. Fernando, V. Watson, X. Wang, E. Shin, and E. Gaugler. 2014. Effect of metallic nanoparticles decoration on graphene oxide conductivity. American Physical Society meeting, in Denver, Colorado.
- Jelliss, P.A., S.W. Buckner, S.W. Chung, A. Patel, E.A. Guliants, and C.E. Bunker. 2013. The use of 1,2-epoxyhexane as a passivating agent for core-shell aluminum nanoparticles with very high active aluminum content. Solid State Sciences 23, no. 8.
- Lewis, W.K., C.G. Rumchik, M.J. Smith, K.A.S.Fernando, C.A. Crouse, J.E. Spotwart, E.A. Guliants, and C.E. Bunker. 2013. Comparison of post-detonation combustion in explosives incorporating aluminum nanoparticles: Influence of the passivating layer. J. Appl. Phys. 113: 044907.
- Guliants, E.A. 2012. Functional nanoparticles for energy applications. Saint Louis University, May, in Saint Louis, Missouri. (invited)
- Wang, X., V. Watson, K.A.S. Fernando, C.E. Bunker, and E.A. Guliants. 2012. Synthesis of silver decorated graphene oxide with different concentrations of Ag using sonochemistry. 244th ACS National Meeting, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Guliants, E.A. 2012. How the small world is making a big difference. Ignite Innovation Symposium, Schuster Performing Arts Center, March, in Dayton, Ohio. (invited)
- Lewis, W.K., B.A. Miller, M.A. Gord, J.R. Gord, E.A. Guliants, and C.E. Bunker. 2012. A threshold-based approach to calorimetry in helium droplets: Measurement of binding energies of water clusters. Rev. Sci. Instrum. 83: 073109.
- Xu, J., S. Sahu, L. Cao, C.E. Bunker, G. Peng, Y. Liu, K.A.S. Fernando, P. Wang, E.A. Guliants, M.J. Meziani, H. Qian, and Y.-P. Sun. 2012. Efficient fluorescence quenching in carbon dots by surface-doped metals — disruption of excited state redox processes and mechanistic implications. Langmuir 28, no. 46: 16141.
- Guliants, E.A. 2011. Nanoengineering by sonochemistry. Integrated Nanostructures Systems Symposium, University at Buffalo, April, in Buffalo, New York.
- Cao, L., S. Sahu, S.P. Anilkumar, C.E. Bunker, J. Xu, K. A.S. Fernando, P. Wang, E.A. Guliants, K.N. Tackett, and Y.-P. Sun. 2011. Carbon nanoparticles as visible-light photocatalysts for efficient CO2 conversion and beyond. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133: 4754. (most cited articles in ACS publications 2011)
- Chung, S.W., E.A. Guliants, C.E. Bunker, P.A. Jelliss, and S.W. Buckner. 2011. Size-dependent nanoparticle reaction enthalpy: Oxidation of aluminum nanoparticles. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 72: 719–724.
- Xu, J., S. Sahu, L. Cao, P. Anilkumar, K.N. Tackett, H. Qian, C.E. Bunker, E.A. Guliants, A. Parenzan, and Y.-P. Sun. 2011. Carbon nanoparticles as chromophores for photon harvesting and photoconversion. Chem. Phys. Chem. 12, no. 18: 3604.
- Wang, X., L. Cao, C.E. Bunker, M.J. Meziani, F. Lu, E.A. Guliants, and Y.-P. Sun. 2010. Fluorescence decoration of defects in carbon nanotubes. J. Phys. Chem. C 114, no. 49: 20941–20946.
- Li, H., M.J. Meziani, A. Kitaygorodskiy, F. Lu, C.E. Bunker, K.A.S. Fernando, E.A. Guliants, and Y.-P. Sun. 2010. Preparation and characterization of alane complexes for energy applications. J. Phys. Chem. C, 114: 3318.
- Bunker, C.E. M.J. Smith, K.A.S. Fernando, B.A.Harruff, W.K. Lewis, J.R. Gord, Guliants, E.A., and D.K. Phelps. 2010. Spontaneous hydrogen generation from organic-capped al nanoparticles and water. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2: 11-14.
- Meziani, M.J., C.E. Bunker, F. Lu, H. Li, W. Wang, E.A. Guliants, R.A. Quinn, Y.-P. Sun. 2009. Formation and properties of stabilized aluminum nanoparticles. ACS Appl. Mater. Interf. 1: 703. (most cited articles in ACS publications 2009)
- Morgan, A.B., D.J. Wolf, E.A. Guliants, K.A. Shiral Fernando, W.K. Lewis, and C.E. Bunker. 2009. Heat release measurements on micron and nanoscale aluminum powders. Thermochimica Acta 488, no. 1.
- Germain, M., P. Fraundorf, S. Lin, E.A. Guliants, C.E. Bunker, and S. Buckner. 2008. Synthesis and characterization of srilankite nanowires. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 8, no. 3: 1481.
- Bunker, C.E., K.C. Novak, E.A. Guliants, B.A. Harruff, M.J. Meziani, Y. Lin, and Y.-P. Sun. 2007. Formation of protein-metal oxide nanostructures by the sonochemical method: Observation of nanofibers and nanoneedles. Langmuir 23: 10342.
- Guliants, E.A., R. Schwarb, H. Bearbower, and C.E. Bunker. 2005. Functional nanoparticles in thin films as sensing media. Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies, June, in Crete, Greece.
- Bunker, C.E., E.A. Guliants, Y.P Sun, K.C. Novak, B. Harruff, Y. Lin, and M. Mohammed. 2005. Sonochemical synthesis of protein-coated, magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles, nanorodes, and nanofibers. 207th Meeting of The Electrochemical Society, May, in Quebec City, Canada.
- Guliants, E.A., B.A. Haruff, J.R. Gord, and C.E. Bunker. 2004. Photophysical properties of CdS nanoparticles in thin films for opto-chemical sensing. In Nanoengineered Assemblies and Advanced Micro/ Nanosystems, MRS Proceedings 820: 69.
- Guliants, E.A., J.D. Scofield, A.A. Agarwal, and S.-H. Ryu. 2003. High power 4H-SiC bipolar junction transistor with stable on-resistance at high injection levels. International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials 2003 (ICSCRM2003), October, in Lyon, France.
- Guliants, E.A., C. Ji, and W.A. Anderson. 2002. The role of nucleation and heteroepitaxial processes in nanostructuring of Si. Journal of Electronic Materials 31: 466.
- Guliants, E.A., C. Ji, and W.A. Anderson. 2002. Self-assembly of spatially separated Si structures By Si heteroepitaxy on Ni disilicide. Journal of Applied Physics 91: 6077. (selected for Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology 5, no. 17)
- Guliants, E.A., D.C. Abeysinghe, M.A. Carreon, V.V. Guliants, C. Ji, and W.A. Anderson. 2002. Quantum size effect silicon structures via molecularly self-assembled hybrid templates. In Functional Nanostructured Materials through Multiscale Assembly and Novel Patterning Techniques, MRS Proceedings 728: S8.40.
- Guliants, E.A., Y.J. Song, and W.A. Anderson. 2002. A 0.5 mm thick polysilicon Schottky diode with rectification ratio of 106. Applied Physics Letters 80: 1319.
- Bhadri, P., K. Ye, E.A. Guliants, and F.R. Beyette Jr. 2002. Implementation of a Si/SiC hybrid optically controlled high-power switching device. Silicon-Based and Hybrid Optoelectronics IV, SPIE Proceedings of the International Society for Optical Engineering 4654: 101.
- Ji, C., E.A. Guliants, and W.A. Anderson. 2002. Silicon nanostructures by metal induced growth (MIG) for solar cell emitters. 29th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, May, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Guliants, E.A., W.A. Anderson, L.P. Guo, and V.V. Guliants. 2001. Transmission electron microscopy study of Ni silicides formed during metal-induced silicon growth. Thin Solid Films 385, no. 74.
- Guliants, E.A., and W.A. Anderson. 2001. A novel method of structure control in Si thin film technology. Journal of the Electrochemical Society 148: G156. Song, Y.J., E. Guliants, M.-R. Park, and W.A. Anderson. 2000. Influence of defects and band offsets on carrier transport mechanisms in amorphous silicon/crystalline silicon heterojunction solar cells. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 64, no. 225.
- Guliants, E.A., and W.A. Anderson. 2000. Metal-induced growth of poly-Si on foreign substrates for solar cell applications. 28th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, September, in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Jagannathan, B., W.A. Anderson, and E.A. Guliants. 1997. Lightweight, thin-film Si heterojunction solar cells. Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications 5, no. 433.
- ECE 204 Electronic Devices
- ECE 316 Electric Energy Systems
- ECE 581 Nanoelectronics
- ECE 583 Advanced Photovoltaics
- EGR 203 Electrical Circuits
- ECE 595 (experimental) Introduction into Thin Film Engineering
- M.B.A., University of Dayton, 2013
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2000
- M.S., Electronics, Moscow State Technical University, 1993
- B.S., Electronics, Moscow State Technical University, 1991
- Materials Research Society
- American Institute of Physics Society
- Solid state physics
- Semiconductor materials growth and characterization
- Thin-film electronic devices and microelectronic fabrication, MEMS
- Quantum effects in materials on nanoscale and nanotechnology
- Nanoelectronics and nanostructured sensors