Executive Director; Professor
Graduate Academic Affairs
School of Engineering: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Phone: 937-229-2390
- Email: Contact
- Venable III, S.M., B.D.Duncan, M.P. Dierking, and D.J. Rabb. 2012. Demonstrated resolution enhancement capability of a stripmap holographic aperture ladar system. Applied Optics 51, no. 22 (August 1): 5531-5542.
- Stokes,A.J., B.D. Duncan and M.P. Dierking. 2010. Improving mid-frequency contrast in sparse aperture optical imaging systems based upon the Golay-9 array. Optics Express 18, no. 5 (March 1): 4417-4427.
- Dierking, M.P., and B.D. Duncan.2010. Periodic, pseudo-noise waveforms for multi-function coherent ladar. Applied Optics 49, no. 10 (April 1):1908-1922.
- Stafford,J.W., B.D. Duncan, and M.P. Dierking. 2010. Experimental demonstration of a stripmap holographic aperture ladar system. AppliedOptics 49, no. 12 (April 20): 2262-2270.
- Duncan, B.D., and M.P.Dierking. 2009. Holographic aperture ladar. AppliedOptics 48, no. 6 (February 20): 1168-1177.
- Greiner, M.A., B.D. Duncan,and M.P. Dierking. 2009. Monte Carlo simulation of multiple photon scattering in sugar maple tree canopies. AppliedOptics 48, no. 32 (November 10): 6159-6171.
- Greiner, M.A., B.D. Duncan,and M.P. Dierking. 2007. Bidirectional scattering distribution functions of maple and cottonwood leaves. AppliedOptics 46, no. 25 (September 1): 6485-6494.
- Jameson, D.F., M.P. Dierking,and B.D. Duncan. 2007. Effects of spatial modes on ladar vibration signature estimation. Applied Optics 46, no. 30 (October 20):7365-7373.
- Miller, N.J., M.P. Dierking,and B.D. Duncan. 2007. Optical sparse aperture imaging. Applied Optics 46, no. 23 (August 10): 5933-5943.
Honors and Awards
- Member, 2009 Marianist Educational Associates cohort
- Member, 2005-2006 Leadership UD cohort
- University of Dayton IFC Outstanding Advisor (EpsilonDelta Tau), 2001-02 academic year
- Honorary member of Tau Alpha Pi, the national engineering technology honor society
- Lifetime member of Eta Kappa Nu, the electrical engineering honor society (vice president, Beta Lambda Chapter, Virginia Tech, 1986)
- Epsilon Delta Tau Engineering Professor of the Year, 1998
- EOP 513, Linear Systems & Fourier Optics
- EOP 514, Guided Wave Optics
- ECE 340, Engineering Probability, Statistics and Random Processes
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1991
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1988
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1986
- Certificate, Lay Pastoral Ministry Program (Certificate Option), Athenaeum of Ohio, 2009
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Senior Member, Optical Society of America
- Member, SPIE
- Ladar system analysis and design
- RF digital and free space optical communications
- Fiber optic sensing/communications
- Optical waveguide transmission applications
- Scanning and nonlinear optical image processing
- Non-destructive evaluation and holography