School of Engineering: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 422C
- Phone: 937-229-2980
- Email: Contact
- Iarve, E., D. Mollenhauer, E. Zhou, T. Breitzman, T. Whitney. 2009. Independent mesh method-based prediction of local and volume average fields in textile composites. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing 40, no. 12 (December).
- Whitney, T. and D. Bettinger. 2008. Dynamic joining of polymer composites to metals. 2008 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exhibition, November, in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Whitney, T., E. Iarve and R. Brockman. 2004. Singular stress fields near contact boundaries in a composite bolted joint. International Journal of Solids and Structures 41, no. 7 (April).
- EGR 201 Mechanics I
- EGM 303 Mechanics II
- EGM 503 Continuum Mechanics
- EGM 511 Experimental Mechanics
- EGM 533 Theory of Elasticity
- Ph.D., University of Dayton, 2003
- MME, University of Delaware, 1988
- BME, University of Dayton, 1986
- Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering's (ASME)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Structurally integrated thermal protection systems
- Thermal stress development in manufacturing of polymers and reinforced polymers
- Mechanics and joining of hybrid materials