- Eustace, D., and V.K. Indupuru. 2011. A simplified method for analyzing factors contributing to motorcyclists’ fatal injuries in Ohio. Advances in Transportation Studies an International Journal 24, sec. B: 85-96.
- Eustace, D., V. K. Indupuru and P. Hovey. Identification of risk factors associated with motorcycle related fatalities in Ohio. Journal of Transportation Engineering 137, no. 7: 437-480.
- Eustace, D., V. K. Indupuru, and S. Owusu-Ansah. An exploratory survey of drivers’ knowledge of right-of-way at freeway on-ramp merging area. ITE Journal 80, Issue 11: 36-43.
- Eustace, D., V. Griffin, and P. Hovey. Analyzing the effects of L.E.D. traffic signals on urban intersection safety. ITE Journal 80, issue 4: 22-27.
- Eustace, D. and H. Wei. The role of driver age and gender in motor vehicle fatal crashes. Journal of Transportation Safety and Security 2, no. 1: 28-44.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Section on Physical & Engineering Sciences (SPES) “Runner-Up Poster Presentation Award” for a Paper titled “Are Some Vehicle Colors Safer than Others?” presented at the 2010 Joint Statistical Meetings (co-authored with Dr. Peter Hovey and Stephen Owusu-Ansah).
- Biographical Record in Who’s Who in America presented by the Marquis Who’s Who Publications Board since 2010 64th Edition.
- Sisters of Phi Sigma Rho National Engineering Sorority, University of Dayton – “Best Male Professor” Award, presented on April 18, 2008.
- Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise Planning and Production – 2004 “I Made a Difference” Award, Ocoee, Orlando, FL, presented on May 2, 2005.
- Highway geometrics
- Transportation engineering
- Traffic engineering
- Highway geometric design
- Travel demand modeling
- Urban transportation planning
- Urban public transportation
- Traffic engineering research
- Traffic safety
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Kansas State University, 2001
- MSc., Civil Engineering, University of Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania, 1997
- B.Sc., Civil Engineering, University of Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania, 1992
- Member, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Reviewer of Journal of Transportation Engineering (Since 2010)
- Reviewer of Journal of Transportation Safety and Security (Since 2010)
- Reviewer of Advances in Transportation Studies: An International Journal (Since 2010)
- Reviewer of Journal of Accident Analysis and Prevention (Since 2009)
- Reviewer of TRB Annual Meeting Conference papers and TRR journal papers (Since 2008)
Include traffic safety; traffic operations analysis; traffic forecasting, demand modeling and land use; urban transportation planning, non-motorized transportation studies; drivers and vehicles characteristics; and statistical applications in transportation engineering.