School of Engineering: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Engineering Mechanics
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 421C
- Phone: 937-229-3847
- Email: Contact
- Avalon, S. C., and S.L. Donaldson. 2008. Strength of composite angle bracket with nano-enhanced resins. American Society for Composites 23rd Annual Technical Conference, September, in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Donaldson, S.L., and T.J. Whitney. 2007. Design and analysis of composites. Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering Fall Technical Conference and Exhibition, October, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Kim, Ran Y., and Steven L. Donaldson. 2006. Experimental and analytical studies on the damage initiation in composite laminates at cryogenic temperatures. Composite Structures 76: 62-66.
- Donaldson, S.L., and R.Y. Kim. 2005. Ply-level behavior of carbon/epoxy composites mechanically cycled at cryogenic temperatures. 46th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, April, in Austin, Texas.
- Donaldson, S. L. 2004. Air force needs and emerging developments in advanced hybrid materials. Alcoa Workshop on Future Aerospace Structures, November, in Daufuskie Island, South Carolina.
- Bechel, V.T., M.B. Fredin, S.L. Donaldson, R.Y. Kim, and J.D. Camping. 2003. Effect of stacking sequence on micro-cracking in a cryogenically cycled carbon/bismaleimide composite. Composites: Part A 34: 663-672.
- Miracle, D.B., and S.L. Donaldson. 2001. ASM Handbook. ASM International: 3-17.
- Voevodin, A.A., E.V. Iarve, W. Ragland, J.S. Zabinski, and S. Donaldson. 2001. Stress analysis and in-situ fracture observation of wear protective multilayer coatings in contact loading. Surface and Coatings Technology 148: 38-45.
- Mechanics I
- Mechanics II
- Structures II
- Continuum Mechanics
- Composites Design
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 1993
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Dayton, 1987
- B.S., Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering, Purdue University, 1981
- American Society for Composites, Executive Committee
- Composites Testing and Model Identification
- Mechanics of composite materials
- Mechanical testing
- Structural analysis