Associate Professor; Ohio Research Scholars Endowed Chair in Multiscale Composites Processing
School of Engineering: Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Cannon, Joseph P., Steven D. Bearden, Jr., and Scott A. Gold. In press. Solvent effects on poly(3-hexylthiophene) nanotubes by template wetting nanofabrication. In Synthetic Metals.
- Gold, Scott A. In press. Low temperature fuel cell technology for green energy. In Handbook for Mitigating Global Climate Change, ed. W-Y. Chen and J. Seiner. Springer.
- Bearden, Jr., Steven D., Joseph P. Cannon, and Scott A. Gold. 2010. Spectroscopic and electrical evaluation of poly(3-hexylthiopehene) nanotubes made using template wetting nanofabrication. Synthetic Metals 160, no. 19-20: 2045-2050. (cover feature)
- Cannon, J.P., S.D. Bearden, and S. A. Gold. 2010. Characterization of conjugated polymer/anodic aluminum oxide nanocomposites fabricated via template wetting. Composites A 41, no 7: 836-841.
- Cannon, J.P., S.D. Bearden, F.M. Khatkhatay, J. Cook, S.Z. Selmic, S.A. Gold. 2009. Confinement-induced enhancement of hole mobility in MEH-PPV. Synthetic Metals 159: 1786-1791.
- Chu, Kuan-Lun, Scott Gold, Vaidyanathan Subramanian, Mark A. Shannon, Richard I. Masel. 2006. A nanoporous silicon membrane electrode assembly for on-chip micro fuel cell application. Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems 15, no. 3: 671-677.
- Gold, Scott, Z. Ni, and R.I. Masel. 2005. Microreaction engineering. In Encyclopedia of Chemical Processing, 1643-1661. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc.
- transport phenomena
- equilibrium stage separation design
- interdisciplinary senior design project mentor
- research methods
- advanced chemical engineering kinetics and reactor design
- transport phenomena
- Post-doctoral, Chemical and Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Arizona State University
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Kentucky
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- The Electrochemical Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Engineering Education
- Order of the Engineer
- Omega Chi Epsilon
- Tau Beta Pi
- Certified Quality Matters (QM) Peer Reviewer for online courses
- nanostructures materials and composites
- surface chemistry
- conjugated polymers
- electrochemical energy technologies (fuel cells, supercapacitors and batteries)