Donald A. Comfort
School of Engineering: Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 445
- Phone: 937-229-2627
- Email: Contact
- Comfort, D.A., C.J. Chou, S.B. Conners, A.L. VanFossen, and R.M. Kelly. 2008. Functional genomics-based identification and characterization of alpha-glucoside-processing ORFs in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
- Chou, C.J. K.R. Shockley, S.B. Conners, D.L. Lewis, D.A. Comfort, M.W.W. Adams, and R.M. Kelly. 2007. Impact of substrate glycoside linkage and elemental sulfur on bioenergetics and hydrogen production by the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 73: 6842-6853.
- Mahammad, S., D.A. Comfort, R.M. Kelly, and S.A. Khan. 2007. Rheological properties of guar galactomannan solutions during hydrolysis with galactomannanase and alpha-galactosidase mixtures. Biomacromolecules 8: 949-956.
- Comfort D.A., K.S. Bobrov, D.R. Ivanen, K.A. Shabalin, J.M. Harris, A.A. Kulminskaya, H. Brumer, and R.M. Kelly. 2007. Biochemical analysis of thermotoga maritima GH36 alpha-galactosidase (TmGalA) confirms the mechanistic commonality of clan GH-D glycoside hydrolases. Biochemistry 46: 3319-3330.
Research and Work
- Wyeth Biotech
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2006
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2002
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2000
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Metabolism of hyperthermophiles
- Carbohydrate enzymology
- Microbial bioremediation