Lesley A. Evans, Ph.D.
School of Education and Health Sciences: Teacher Education
- Location: College Park Center, Room 680L
- Phone: 229-3212
- Email: Contact
- EDT 412 Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Math for ECE
- EDT 409/523 Math Grade 4/5 Endorsement
- EDT 500- Models in Teaching
- EDT 660 Introduction to Educational Research
- EDT 667- Educational Research Seminar
- Ph.D., Educational Leadership, University of Dayton
- M.S.Ed., Educational Leadership, Wright State University
- B.A., Early Childhood Education, Notre Dame College
- Early Childhood (P-3)
- Gifted (K-12)
- Principal (Pk-6 and 5-12)
- Nominations for Faculty of the Year, 2011 Panhellenic, Interfraternity and National Panhellenic Councils, University of Dayton
- Epsilon Delta Upsilon Teacher of the Month , 2011 University of Dayton
- Nomination for Teacher of the Year 2006, 2009, 2010, Area Progress Council of Warren County
- Nomination for Mathematics Teacher of the Year, 2009, Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- CEHS Graduate Tuition Scholarship 2008, 2009, Wright State University
- Mid-Western Educational Research Association (MWERA): Student Membership 2012, 2013
- The Ohio Association of Teacher Educators (OATE): 2013
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM): 2013
- Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics (OCTM): 2013, 2014, 2015
Teacher selection and differentiation
Selected Publications & Presentations
- McCue, L.A., & Beinlich, S. (2013, October). Integrating math into daily activities. Session Presentation at Dayton Association for Young Children DAYC) Fall Professional Development Day, Dayton, OH.
- McCue, L., & Place, A.W. (2013, August). The effect of teacher candidate gender, principal gender, and degree type on the elementary teacher selection process.
- McCue, L. (2012, October). The effects of teacher candidate gender, principal gender and degree type on the elementary teacher selection process. Presentation at the University of Dayton 9th Dayton, OH. Session presentation at NCPEA Summer Conference, Rutherford, NJ.
- Dreyer, L. & McCue, L. (2008, July). Flexible grouping strategies for your gifted students. Session presentation at the Midwest Conference for Differentiated Instruction of Staff Development for Educators, Columbus, OH.
- Dreyer, L., & McCue, L. (2009, July). Flexible grouping strategies for your gifted students. Session presentation at the Midwest Conference for Differentiated Instruction of Staff Development for Educators, Chicago, IL.
- Hurtado, D., & McCue, L. (2012). Review of selected dissertations relevant to the Journal of School Public Relations. Journal of School Public Relations, 33(2), 131-154.
- Kowalski, T., Dunn, M., Hurtado, D., & McCue, L. (2011, October). Faculty experiences with and support for characteristics of effective teaching evaluations. Session presentation at the Mid-Western Educational Researcher Conference, St. Louis, MO.
- McCue, L. (in press). Is there any benefit to proprietary for-profit schools? Point argument. In C.J. Russo (Ed.), Debating issues in American education; Alternative schooling and school choice (pages unknown). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- McCue, L., & Dreyer, L. (2010, July). Co-Teaching in a gifted self-contained classroom. Session presentation at the National Conference on Differentiated Instruction of Staff Development for Educators, Las Vegas, NV.