Joni L. Baldwin, Ed.D.
Associate Professor and Faculty Consultant for the Center for Early Learning
School of Education and Health Sciences: Teacher Education, Bombeck Center
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 228A
- Phone: 937-229-3230
- Email: Contact
- EDT 314 Team Models and Collaborative Assessment
- EDT 315 Health and Medical Issues for Early Childhood
- EDT 415 Working with Learners with Mild to Moderate Educational Needs
- EDT 513 Developmentally and Individually Appropriate Practices
- EDT 516 Collaborative Assessment Birth to Age Eight
- EDT 517 Early Childhood Seminar on Medical Issues
- EDT 570 Educating Diverse Student Populations in Inclusive Settings
- Ed.D., Educational Administration: Adult and Higher Education, University of South Dakota
- M.A., Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education, St. Joseph College
- B.A., Elementary Education/Special Education, University of Kentucky
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Division of Physically Handicapped (DPH)
- Division of Early Childhood Education (DEC)
- Council for Educational Diagnostic Services (CEDS)
- Teacher Education Division (TED)
- Division for Research (DR)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Mid-Western Educational Research Association (MWERA)
- Standards-based education
- Novice teachers mentoring
- Curriculum for early childhood special education
- Teacher training to engage in intentional teaching
Peer reviewed publications
- Baldwin, J. L., S.M. Adams, & M.K. Kelly. (2009). Science at the center: An emergent, standards-based, child-centered framework for early learners. Early Childhood Education Journal, 37(1):71-77.
- Baldwin, J. (2007). Standards for teachers of students with physical and health disabilities. Physical Disabilities: Education and Related Services, XXVI(1):1-7.
- Baldwin, J. (2007). Teacher candidates with learning disabilities: Effective and ethical accommodations. Teacher Education and Special Education, 30(3):128-141.
- Adams, S.M., Baldwin, J.L., & Comingore, J.I. (May 2012). The Access Curriculum Framework: Implementation Guide. Xlibris. View book >>
- Baldwin, J.B., Comingore, J.L., Adams, S.M., Kelly, M.K. & Smith, D.J.(editors) (2012). ACCESS to Science for Infants and Toddlers. Bloomington, IN: Xlibris. View book >>
- Adams, S.M., J. Comingore, & J. Baldwin. (2009). Stories of God’s Love: A Parish-based Religious Education Program for 3 and 4 Year Olds. Resources for Christian Living: Allen, Texas. (Published February 2008)
Book chapters and contributions
- Baldwin, J.L. (2010). Autism. In T.C. Hunt, J.C. Carper, T.J. Lasley II, & C.D. Raisch (Eds.). Encyclopedia of educational reform and dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Baldwin, J.L. (2010). Differentiated instruction. In T.C. Hunt, J.C. Carper, T.J. Lasley II, & C.D. Raisch (Eds.). Encyclopedia of educational reform and dissent. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Adams, S.M., & J. Baldwin. (2007). Intentional Teaching with Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers: Guiding the Work of Highly Effective Teachers and Administrators. Educational Videos, Inc.: Yellow Springs, Ohio.