Kelli Jo Arndt
Assistant Professor, School Counseling
School of Education and Allied Professions: Counselor Education and Human Services
- Location: Chaminade Hall, Room 306G
- Phone: 937-229-5639
- Email: Contact
- Ph.D., Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Toledo
- M.Ed., School Counseling, Bowling Green State University
- B.S., Elementary Education, University of Toledo
Licensures & Certifications
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Licensed Professional School Counselor
- Faculty adviser for University of Dayton chapter of Chi Sigma Iota
- American Counseling Association
- American School Counseling Association
- Ohio Counseling Association
- Ohio School Counseling Association
- Northwest Ohio Counseling Association
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Kraemer, E., Davies, S., Arndt, K. J., & Hunley, S. (2012). A comparison of the mystery motivator and the get 'em on task interventions for off-task behaviors. Psychology in the Schools, 49(2):163-175.
- Russo, C. J., Osborne, A. G., and Arndt, K. J. (2011). Cyberbullying and sexting: Recommendations for school policy. West’s Education Law Reporter.
Professional Organization Publications
- Rhodes, A., Arndt, K. J., Dils, A., & Weaver, H. (2012, Fall Issue in press). It’s a new year: Start coping now to avoid burnout! Ohio School Counseling Association, The Advocate.
- Aldridge, M., Arndt, K. J. & Davies, S. (2012, Fall Issue in review). You found the sext, what to do next? How school psychologists can assist with policy, prevention, and intervention. The Ohio School Psychologist.
- Arndt, K.J. (Spring 2012). "Speaking a New Language." Ohio Counseling Association Guidelines, 38(2):6-7. Read (pdf) >>
- Arndt, K.J. (2011). Texting/Sexting WATF (What’s All the Fuss?) Ohio Counseling Association, Guidelines, 38 (1), 4-5.
- Russo, C. J., & Arndt, K.J. (May, 2010). Technology and the law: The dangers of sexting in the schools. School Business Affairs. Arndt, K. J., & Russo, C. (October, 2009). Educate students on dangers of “sexting”. Managing School Business, p. 6.
- Arndt, K.J. (Spring, 2009). Conflict management. In T. Hunt et al. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. p. 212-214. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Arndt, K.J. (Spring, 2009). School social services. In T. Hunt et al. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Educational Reform and Dissent. p. 796-798. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Arndt, K.J. and Iiames, M. (2012, November). Presentation accepted to be given at the Ohio Counseling Association (OCA) All Ohio Counselors- Using the Write Stuff: Creative Writing Strategies for School Counselors.
- Arndt, K.J., Pierce, M., and Koehler, M. C., (2012, November). Presentation accepted to be given at the Ohio Counseling Association (OCA) All Ohio Counselors-Bully Proof With Books.
- Arndt, K.J., Szekacs, B., & Pierson, A. (2011, November). Autism, Asperger’s and School. Presentation given at the Ohio Counseling Association (OCA) All Ohio Counselors Conference. Columbus, Ohio.
- Harvey, J. & Arndt, K.J. (2011, November). Girls on the Fringe: Small Group Response to Indirect Aggression. Presentation given at the Ohio Counseling Association (OCA) All Ohio Counselors Conference. Columbus, Ohio.