Associate Professor and Neurology Coordinator
School of Education and Health Sciences: Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Location: College Park Center, Room 207E
- Phone: 937-229-5605
- Email: Contact
- DPT 818 Neuroscience
- DPT 963 Clinical Pathology: Neurology
- DPT 973 Clinical Skills Lab: Neurology
- DPT 983 Clinical Issues Seminar: Neurology
- Ph.D., Rehabilitation Science, The Union Institute and University
- M.P.T., Physical Therapy, Loma Linda University
- B.S., Health Science, Loma Linda University
Licensures & Certifications
- Licensed Ohio Physical Therapist
- Geriatric Certified Specialist, American Physical Therapy Association
- Consultant for rehabilitation product development, South Paw Enterprises and M.A.S.S. Rehab.
- Clinical Advisory Committee for the Dayton Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Speaks at local multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's and stroke groups
- Provides home assessments for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Provides pro-bono services for multiple individuals with neurological disorders
- Volunteers at annual walks for multiple sclerosis and arthritis
- Writes a monthly column on senior health and exercise for "The Senior Chronicle"
- Provides balance screenings at numerous senior health fairs
- Serves on the Health Advisory Committee at Kettering Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Jackson, K.J. (2013). Multiple Sclerosis. In ACSM’s Guide to Exercise Testing and Prescription (9thEd). Philadelphia: Lippincot Williams & Wilkins. View book >>
- Jackson, K.J., K. Edginton-Bigelow, C. Bowsheir, M. Weston, & E. Grant. (In press). Feasibility and effects of group kickboxing program for individuals with multiple sclerosis: A pilot report. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. View abstract >>
- Merriman, H.L., C.J. Brahler, & K. Jackson. (2011). Systematically controlling for the influence of age, sex, hertz and time post-whole body vibration exposure on four measures of physical performance in community dwelling older aduits: a randomized crossover study. Curr Gerontoi Geri'ai'r Res. Epub 2011 Sep 29. Read >>
- Jackson, K., & H. Merriman. (2010). Whole body vibration: neuro-rehab applications. Lower Extremity Review. January 2010: 43-47. (Editor Reviewed and Invited Publication)
- Jackson, K.J., H.L. Merriman, & J. Campbell. (2010). Use of an elliptical machine for improving functional walking capacity in individuals with chronic stroke: a case series. Journal of Neurological Rehabilitation, 34: 168-174.
- Jackson K.J., Mulcare, J.A., Multiple sclerosis. In Durstine, J.L., Moore, G.E. Editors Ed), ACSM's Exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and disabilities. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics; 2009.
- Merriman, H.L., & K.J. Jackson. (2009). The use of whole-body vibration in aging adults: a systematic review. Journal of Geriatric Rehabilitation, 32: 134-145.
- Jackson, K.J., H.L. Merriman, P.M. Vanderburgh, & C.J. Brahler. (2008). Acute effects of whole-body vibration on lowerextremity muscle performance in persons with multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Phys Ther, 32:171-176.
- Jackson, K.J., J.A. Mulcare, & R.C. Duncan. (2008). Effects of seat-tube angle on the metabolic cost of the cycle-run transition in triathletes. JEPonline, 11(1):45-52.
- Jackson, et al. (2007). Home balance training intervention for people with multiple sclerosis. Int J MS Care, 9:111-117.
- Jackson, K.J., J.A. Mulcare, & D.R. Petersen. (1999). Physiologic responses during unweighted ambulation of patients with below-knee amputation: a pilot study. Physical Therapy Case Reports, 2(3), pp. 99-103.
- Jackson, K.J. (In press). Multiple Sclerosis. ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities, 9th ed.
- Jackson, K.J., & J.A. Mulcare. (2009). Multiple Sclerosis. In J. Myers & D. Nieman (Eds.), ACSM’s Resources for Clinical Exercise Physiology: Musculoskeletal, Neuromuscular, Neoplastic, Immunologic, and Hematologic Conditions, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincot, Williams & Wilkins, 34-43.
- Jackson, K.J., & J.A. Mulcare. (2009). Multiple Sclerosis. In J.L. Durstine & G.E. Moore (Eds.), ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities,3rd ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Jackson, K.J., & J.A. Mulcare. (2007). Neuromuscular Diseases and Exercise. In L.A. Kaminski (Ed.), ACSM’s Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription. Baltimore, MD: Lippincot, Williams & Wilkins.
- Mulcare, J.A., & K.J. Jackson. (2005). Neuromuscular Diseases. In ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 5th ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Mulcare, J.A., & K.J. Jackson. (2004). Multiple Sclerosis and Exercise. In Clinical Exercise Physiology: Application and Principles. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincot, Williams & Wilkins.
- Mulcare, J.A., & K.J. Jackson. (2003). Multiple Sclerosis. In ACSM's Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities, 2nd ed. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.