Mary Insana Fisher
School of Education and Health Sciences: Department of Physical Therapy
- Location: College Park Center, Room 209E
- Phone: 937-229-5617
- Email: Contact
- HSS 465 Physical Therapy Seminar
- DPT 967 Advanced Therapy I: Clinical Pathology
- DPT 977 Advanced Therapy I: Clinical Skills Lab
- DPT 987 Advanced Therapy I: Clinical Issues Seminar
- DPT 988 Advanced Therapy II: Contemporary Practice Issues
- Ph.D., Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Kentucky
- M.S., Physical Therapy, Boston University
- B.A., English, Wittenberg University
Licensures & Certifications
- Licensed Physical Therapist, State of Ohio
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist
- Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Clinical Instructor, American Physical Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Member since 1989
- APTA Section Membership: Oncology, Orthopedic, Women's Health
- Ohio Physical Therapists Association (OPTA): Public Relations Committee
- West Central District Public Relations Chair
- University of Dayton Institutional Review Board (IRB): Member, Medical Subcommittee Member
- University of Dayton Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program: Faculty Council, Admissions Committee, Curriculum Review Committee, Fellowship Committee
- Yellow Springs Community Foundation: Trustee and Development Committee Chair
- St. Paul Parish
- St. Brigid School
- Frequent speaker at area breast cancer support groups
Arm function among women who have been treated for breast cancer
- Fisher, M.I., Donahoe-Fillmore, B., Leach, L., O'Malley, C., Paeplow, C., & Merriman, H. (2014). Effects of Yoga on Arm Volume among Women with Breast Cancer Related Lymphedema: A Pilot Study. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, (2014), doi: 10.1016/j.jbmt.2014.02.006. View article >>
- Fisher, M.I., and P.K. Levangie. (2013). Oncology Section Task Force on Breast Cancer Outcomes: Scapular Assessment. Rehabilitation Oncology, 30(4):11-18. View journal >>
- Levangie, P.K., and Fisher, M.I. (2013). Oncology Section Task Force on Breast Cancer Outcomes: An Introduction to the EDGE Task Force and Clinical Measures of Upper Extremity Function. Rehabilitation Oncology, 30(4):6-10. View journal >>
- Fisher, M.I., and D. Howell. (2010). The power of empowerment: An ICF-based model to improve self-efficacy and upper extremity function of survivors of breast cancer. Rehabilitation Oncology, 28(2).
- Donahoe-Fillmore, B., C.J. Brahler, M.I. Fisher, and K. Beasley. (2010). The effect of yoga postures on balance, flexibility and strength in healthy high school females. Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy.
Nationally presented posters
- Fisher, M.I. (February 2011). A systematic review of the effectiveness of exercise on arm function in breast cancer survivors. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Brahler, C.J., B. Donahoe-Fillmore, & M.I. Fisher. (February 2011). The effects of problem-based learning on critical thinking in graduate physical therapy students. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Fisher, M.I., & D. Howell. (February 2010). An ICF-based model to empower and improve self-efficacy of breast cancer survivors. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, San Diego, CA.
- Donahoe-Fillmore, B., C.J. Brahler, K. Beasley, M.I. Fisher, H. Van Cleave, & R. Bowman. (February 2010). The effects of home-based vs class-based pilates in healthy college-aged females. Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association, San Diego, CA.