- Phone: 937-229-5458
- Email: Contact
Amber has been teaching Interviewing since 1999. She frequently participates in public speaking forums or panels to discuss topics such as Women and Diversity, Breaking the Workplace Barriers, Mentoring, Advocacy, Community Involvement and Personal Branding. She has also published in the Ohio Speech Association Journal.
She currently holds the position of Vice President of Communications, Marketing and Government Affairs at NewPage Corporation, and is the only female on the 10-person executive team. Formerly with National City Corporation as Vice President of Corporate Communications (2002 – 2005) and with the Mead Corporation as Director of External Communications following several progressive positions in the communications field from 1993 to 2002.
Amber has been a communications executive for 20 years with broad experience in employee communications, including media and PR, reputation management, crisis communications, marketing strategy and communication collateral materials to support specific campaigns, government affairs and community giving, and investor relations and all related financial communications.
"As an undergraduate and graduate student of the university, I am very passionate about the school's mission and the education that we provide to our students. The UD community is important to me and has been a part of my personal life for many years. I sincerely enjoy teaching courses in the communication curriculum and hope to continue in the adjunct role for many years."
- M.A., University of Dayton (1990), Communication
- B.A., University of Dayton (1988), Communication Management, Minor in Marketing and French
- Current board president, Family Service Association
- Current board of trustees member, Culture Works
- Current board member, ARC Ohio Communication Planning
- Media and public relations
- Social media writing
- Crisis management
- Strategic communication planning
- National Diversity Council's The Glass Ceiling Award, 2010
- University of Dayton, Don B. Morlan Award to the Outstanding Adjunct FacultyMember in the Department of Communication, 2009
- Diversity First Award (for fostering diversity in the workplace), 2009
- One of Ohio's Most Influential Women, 2008