Internships in History
Through the course HST 495, internships provide students with the opportunity to apply classroom learning to the "real world." Students can practice and see the value of their skills in research, writing and critical thinking that are developed as part of their history education.
Off-campus locations where our students have interned include:
- Dayton History, Inc. at Carillon Historical Park and Archive Center
- Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park
- National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Air Force Research Laboratory Archives
- Cincinnati Observatory Center
On-campus internship locations include the University of Dayton Archives and the Office of Advancement Records Management. Dr. Janet Bednarek also assists students with placement into internships in many locations throughout the United States.