- College of Arts & Sciences
- Business Administration
- Education & Allied Professions
- Marian Research Institute
- Complete List of Programs
What Is the Next Question?
Every breakthrough starts with a question. A question that challenges convention, provokes thought and opens doors to possibility. Within the graduate programs at the University of Dayton, we constantly ask big questions. Then we strive to answer them — together. Through a framework of scholarship, research and practice, our objective is to create a more informed world for everyone.
Discovery, community and commitment to leadership and service are part of our Catholic, Marianist identity. It's the difference between an education and a transformation. Whether you want to advance your career or make the world a better place, you have to ask the next pivotal question — and then work toward the answer. You can become one of the next leaders.
Our core values inform our scholarship and create an outstanding education.You'll find more than 50 master's degree programs, 12 doctoral programs, numerous licensure and certificate programs, and many other ways to learn. Discover a welcoming and gifted faculty and staff who are attentive and accommodating.
Working professionals will appreciate convenient classes offered in the late afternoon, evening, online or at off-campus sites. You'll also discover that the University of Dayton is an excellent value. Our graduate programs are competitively priced, and our reputation for quality and academic excellence is nationally known.
The Widest Array of Ways to Move Humankind Forward
Welcome to the University of Dayton's College of Arts and Sciences. Here you'll find a wide range of high-quality graduate programs from outstanding doctoral programs in biology and theology that produce world-class scholarship through a variety of excellent master's degree programs within the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences.
For example, we offer the region's oldest Master's of Public Administration program; a professional science master's degree in financial mathematics; innovative teaching and writing tracks within our English master's degree program; and an accredited clinical psychology master's degree program that provides opportunities for training experiences in local community agencies.
Each of the College's graduate programs offers expert faculty and student-focused academic mentorship in a collaborative, community-based learning environment.
Here Is One Place Where You'll Never Find It's Business as Usual
Welcome to the University of Dayton's School of Business Administration where you’ll find the region's only multidisciplinary, team-taught MBA program. We also offer an engaging capstone experience in which you provide consulting to area businesses working under the guidance of executives in residence and full-time faculty.
As a Catholic, Marianist institution, we educate exceptional, experienced, ethical leaders who bring a deep sense of purpose and social awareness to the business culture.
What Educational Practices Will Prove Most Effective in Closing the Achievement Gap?
The University of Dayton's School of Education and Allied Professions helps advance people in a variety of careers — teaching, administration, counseling, physical therapy or exercise science. The common thread through all of these fields is that you work directly with people, forming relationships and helping them develop physically, academically or emotionally. This is why all of our programs rely heavily on the real-world application of classroom concepts.
With unique resources like our affiliation with the nationally celebrated Dayton Early College Academy high school or the Bombeck Family Learning Center, we get you out of the classroom and in front of the people who need your expertise. You'll leave here as a competent and compassionate professional — with a competitive edge.
How do we know it works? Every spring our offices flood with phone calls from employers looking to recruit our graduate students.
To learn more, view our faculty directory or visit the School of Education and Allied Professions' website.
Every School Offers Research Opportunities. But Only One Is Ranked First.
Building on our strong ties to the University of Dayton Research Institute and the Air Force Research Laboratory at nearby Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the University of Dayton's School of Engineering gives you access to unparalleled faculty, facilities and research opportunities.
We have a long history of innovative contributions to science and technology, including high-temperature structural composites, computer software for analysis of complex nonlinear structures and systems, bird strike-resistant aircraft canopy systems, and methods for disposal of hazardous and toxic waste. In fact, this year marks 100 years of engineering education and research for the School of Engineering.
As a result, we are the No. 1 ranked Catholic university in engineering research, the No. 1 ranked university in Ohio for conducting aerospace research and the No. 2 ranked university nationally in materials research.
A woman of great faith inspires our studies.
Founded by the Marianists of the University of Dayton, the Marian Library/International Marian Research Institute has the universal mission to make the Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, better known, loved, and served.
The International Marian Research Institute was established in 1975 at the University of Dayton in affiliation with the Pontifical Theological Faculty Marianum in Rome. The Marian Research Institute offers a graduate program from the Marianum leading to a Licentiate of Sacred Theology (S.T.L.) and a Doctorate of Sacred Theology (S.T.D.). The program is accredited by the Marianum and approved by the Congregation for Catholic Education at the Vatican.
There are only two places in the world, Rome and Dayton, where students can earn the Licentiate of Sacred Theology (S.T.L.) and the Doctorate of Sacred Theology (S.T.D.) with specialization in Mariology.
For further reading on our esteemed faculty, consult the next hundred thousand pages.
More than at any other time in its history, University of Dayton faculty members are publishing books and journal articles and making more national presentations and appearances in the media, from The New York Times to "The O'Reilly Factor."
Our faculty also contribute significantly to society, including developing a rapid and accurate test to predict a patient's fall risk to studying the fruit fly's retina to understand the progression of Alzheimer's disease. They are frequently awarded grants and fellowships from world-class institutions such as the National Science Foundation and the Fulbright Scholar Program.
Guided by the Marianist educational tradition of building relationships, our graduate class sizes are small, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to get to know — and even work with — faculty who are well-known and respected in their field. As they continue to ask big questions and search for answers, they nurture, inspire and challenge their students to think critically and create meaningful change.
University of Dayton Graduate Programs
College of Arts & Sciences
- Biology, M.S., Ph.D.
- Chemistry, M.S.
- Communication, Interdisciplinary, M.A.
- Communication, M.A.
- Computer Science, M.C.S.
- English, M.A.
- Interdisciplinary Studies, M.A., M.S.
- Mathematics (Applied), M.S.
- Mathematics Education, M.M.E.
- Mathematics (Financial), M.F.M.
- Music Education, M.S.E.
- Pastoral Ministry, M.A.
- Psychology, Clinical, M.A.
- Psychology, General, M.A.
- Public Administration, M.P.A.
- Theological Studies, M.A.
- Theology, Ph.D
School of Law
- Juris Doctor, J.D.
- J.D./M.B.A. Joint Degree Program
- J.D./M.S. in Educational Administration Joint Degree Program
- Intellectual Property & Technology Law, LL.M.
- Intellectual Property & Technology Law, M.S.L.
School of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering, M.S., Ph.D.
- Bioengineering, M.S.
- Chemical Engineering, M.S
- Civil Engineering, M.S.
- Electrical & Computer Engineering, M.S., Ph.D.
- Electro-Optics, M.S., Ph.D.
- Engineering, M.S.
- Engineering Management & Systems, M.S.
- Engineering Mechanics, M.S.
- Materials Engineering, M.S., Ph.D.
- Mechanical Engineering, M.S., Ph.D.
- Renewable and Clean Energy, M.S.
Marian Research Institute
School of Business Administration
- 150-Hour Accounting Program, M.B.A.
- Joint Degree Program, M.B.A./J.D.
- Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Part-Time Program, M.B.A.
School of Education & Allied Professions
- Adolescence to Young Adult Education, License, M.S.E.
- Clinical Counseling, License
- College Student Personnel, M.S.E.
- Community Counseling, M.S.E.
- Computer Technology, Endorsement
- Early Childhood Education, License
- Early Childhood Leadership and Advocacy, M.S.E.
- Educational Leadership (Catholic School Concentration), M.S.E.
- Educational Leadership (Higher Ed.), Ph.D.
- Educational Leadership, M.S.E.
- Educational Leadership (P-12 School Admin.), Ph.D.
- Exercise Science, M.S.E.
- Higher Education Administration, M.S.E.
- Human Services, M.S.E.
- Interdisciplinary Education Studies, M.S.E.
- Intervention Specialist, License
- Literacy Specialist, M.S.E.
- Middle Childhood Education, License
- Multi-age Education, License
- Music Education, M.S.E.
- Online Education Leadership (Catholic School Concentration)
- Online Education Leadership, M.S.E.
- Physical Therapy, D.P.T.
- Post-Masters Educational Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership
- Reading Endorsement
- School Counseling, M.S.E.
- School Psychology, M.S.E.
- Teacher as Leader, M.S.E.
- Technology Enhanced Learning, M.S.E.
- Transdisciplinary Early Childhood Education, M.S.E.