George R. Doyle, Jr.
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 361D
- Phone: 937-229-2995
- Email: Contact
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1991. Kinematic, two dimensional dynamic and force analysis of left-hand/right-hand drive wiper systems. Submitted to Delco Products, April.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1988. Analytical model and computer program of F-16 nose gear and F-16 ALGS, August.
- Badalamenti, J.M., and G.R. Doyle, Jr. 1988. Radial-interradial spring tire models. Transaction of the ASME, Journal of Vibration, Acoustic, Stress, and Reliability in Design, January.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1986. A review of computer simulations for aircraft-surface dynamics. AIAA Journal of Aircraft, April. (Special Citation Award)
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1985. Accuracy and efficiency of numerical integration techniques for dynamic systems. AFWAL-TR-85-3103, December.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1982. Conventional versus self-steering radial trucks for high speed passenger trains. Transaction of ASME, Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurements and Controls, December.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1982. Dynamic analysis of a simplified railroad electrification system. ASME 82-WA/RT-2, November.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and L.L. Faulkner. 1982. Torsional vibrations in a mechanical drive. SAE 821029, September.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1982. Vibroacoustic modeling for the space shuttle thermal protection systems. Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, May-June.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and L.L. Faulkner. 1982. Three-dimensional, finite element, acoustic modal analysis. Invited paper for Internoise 1982, May.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and L.L. Faulkner. 1981. Three-dimensional acoustic pressure analysis with complex impedance, finite element applications in acoustics. ASME Bulletin 100143, September.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., et al. 1981. Computer-aided waterline placement for zinc-die-casting dies. Transaction of Eleventh International Die Casting Exposition and Congress, June.
- Doyle, Jr., G. R., et al. 1981. Computer-aided die design for zinc-die-casting dies. Die Casting Engineer, November/December.
- Meacham, H., J. Hadden, and G.R. Doyle, Jr. 1980. A Review of radial trucks for rail passenger vehicles. Proceedings of the First Rail Systems Technology and Operations Symposium, December, Carnegie-Mellon University.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1980. Tank dynamics model. Submitted to Teledyne, November.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1980. Hydropneumatic suspension unit - external and inarm. Submitted to Teledyne, November.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and G.H. Workman. 1979. Prediction of track tension when traversing an obstacle, SAE 790416.
- Chu, M., and G.R. Doyle, Jr. 1978. Nondeterministic Analysis of a four-wheeled model vehicle traversing a simulated random terrain, SAE 780789.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and R.H. Prause. 1977. Hunting stability of rail vehicles with torsionally flexible wheelsets. Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Engineering for Industry, February.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and M. Thomet. 1977. Effect of track geometry and rail vehicle suspension on passenger comfort in curves and transitions. Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Engineering for Industry, November.
- Ahlbeck, D.R., and G.R. Doyle, Jr. 1976. Comparative analysis of dynamics of freight and passenger rail vehicles, DOT-FR-20077, November 1976.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1976. Barge-pipeline interaction computer program. Group Program at Battelle Columbus Laboratories, April 27.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and D.R. Ahlbeck. 1974. Procedure for fragility rating of unirradiated fuel pins and assembles with respect to transport. Submitted to DOW Chemical, June 24.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and J.W. Burbick. 1973. Computer program for the load and trajectory analysis of two 3 DOF bodies connected by an elastic tether, NASA 29144, February 5.
- Vorachek, J.J., and G.R. Doyle, Jr. 1973. Comparison of analytical and experimentally determined dynamic behavior of tethered balloons. Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories, Contract No. F19628-72-C-0219, 30 March.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and J.W. Burbick. 1973. Six degrees of freedom simulation for an arbitrarily shaped rigid body - a comparison of euler angles and quaternions. Goodyear Aerospace Report, June.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1973. Three dimensional dynamics of two bodies connected by an elastic tether - six degree of freedom forebody and five degree of freedom decelerator. Goodyear Aerospace Report, 1973.
- Vorachek, J.J., J.W. Burbick, and G.R. Doyle, Jr. 1972. Investigation of dynamic behavior of tethered balloon systems. Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories, Contract No. F 19628-71-C-0091, 31 January.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R., and J.J. Vorachek. 1971. Investigation of stability characteristics of tethered balloon systems. Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories, Contract No. F 19628-71-C-0091, 30 July.
- Doyle, Jr., G.R. 1969. Mathematical model for ascent and descent of a high altitude tethered balloon. AIAA Journal of Aircraft, Sept.-Oct.
Selected Research and Work
1/67 to 9/73 Goodyear Aerospace Corporation, Akron, Ohio
- Flight Dynamics
- Tethered Balloon Dynamics and Stability
- Midair Retrieval and Drop Dynamics
- Parachute/Ballute Deployment Dynamics
- Numerical Analyses/Computer Simulations
9/73 to 8/82 Battelle Columbus Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio
- Rail Vehicle Dynamics, Stability, Comfort, and Curving
- Off-Road Vehicle Dynamics
- Structural Dynamics with Finite Element Analysis
- Space Shuttle Thermal Protection System Dynamic Loading
- Numerical Analyses/Computer Simulations
4/83 to 5/84 Propulsion Lab, WPAFB, Ohio
- Closed-Form, Shaft Natural Frequencies and Mode Shapes
- Finite Element, CRF Drive Natural Frequency and Mode Shapes
5/84 to 5/86 Flight Dynamics Lab, WPAFB, Ohio
- Aircraft/Runway Dynamics and Simulation
- Aircraft Gear Dynamics and Simulation
5/87 to 12/88 Materials Lab, WPAFB, Ohio
- Artificial Intelligence
- Stress Concentration and Fatigue Analysis
8/89 to 5/91 Delco Products, Dayton, Ohio
- Windshield Wiper Dynamics and Force Analysis, and Simulation
- Seminars on Windshield Wiper Systems
Honors and Awards
- School of Engineering Award of Excellence in Service, 1999
- Affiliate Societies Council Award for Outstanding Professional Achievement in Engineering Education, 2002
- ASME Board of Governor’s Dedicated Service Award for Devotion, Leadership and Performance, 2002
- Certificate for outstanding service from ASME Board of Governors, 1999, 2003
- Region V ASME Student Section Advisor Award: 1987, 1995, 2000
- District B ASME Student Section Advisor Award: 2006
- International ASME Student Section Advisor Award: 2006
- Elected ASME Fellow 2007
- Freshman Mechanical
- Engineering Seminar (3)
- Introduction to Engineering (2)
- Statics (1)
- Dynamics (4)
- Instrumentation Lab (3)
- Kinematics (1)
- Theory of Machines (1)
- Engineering Analysis (23)
- Mechanical Vibration (40)
- Feedback Control (20)
- Aerodynamics (8)
- Aerospace Performance and Controls (15)
- Aerospace Design (6)
- Flight Dynamics (4)
- Heat Transfer (16)
- Senior/Junior Professional Development (44)
- Computational Methods (27)
- Advanced Mechanical Vibrations (8)
- Analytical Dynamics (3)
- Random Vibrations (4)
- Base-Excited Vibrations (2)
- Acoustics (3)
- Flight Dynamics (5)
- Advanced Aerodynamics I (8)
- Aerospace Performance and Control (15)
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Akron, 1973
- M.S., Aeronautical Engineering, Purdue University, 1967
- B.S., Aeronautical Engineering, Purdue University, 1965
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Honor Seminars of Metropolitan Dayton
- University of Dayton Academic Senate
- Numerical Analysis